After waiting for several long months, Olivia Quinn is finally here! Olivia was born July 13th at 10:52 pm. She barely made it. She was 8 lbs, 2oz and 21 inches long.
On Monday morning I woke up at about 4 am with pain in my back. Worried about the pain accompanied by bleeding, Michael and I headed to Labor and Delivery. When we got there I was dilated only 1 cm and the bleeding was just part of the process and we were sent home. I took a nap when we got home but was awakened about an hour later with real contractions.
About 4 pm we headed back to the hospital because the contractions were about 5 minutes apart. Imagine my surprise when the labor nurse said I was still 1 cm!! Are you kidding me?!? (Let me interject that at this point I was ready for an epidural. I was on the fence about that before, taking a wait and see attitude to natural childbirth. All it took was about 2 hours of constant 5 minute apart contractions to change my whole outlook.)
They decided to go ahead and admit me. By 6pm I was 4 cm dilated and finally approved for that blessed epidural. I never knew you could love another human so greatly as I did for the anesthesiologist. He was a godsend! Once I got the epidural about 8 pm, I relaxed and in no time at all, I was dilated to 10 cm and ready to go.
After about one hour of pushing, my Olivia Quinn was born. She was so pink! Her APGAR scores were 8 and 9. She was perfect! Apparently when they whisked her away to the nursery to get cleaned up, she was not happy! So starts the trend of Cranky Olivia!
Michael thinks that she was born on Monday because on Sunday night, after hearing me complain that this baby was never coming out, he told Olivia that if she came out, he would buy her a pony. Now look at the mess we're in, and where are we going to put a pony!?