Friday, July 3, 2009

13 days and "patiently" counting

Well, here we are in July. I was sure that Olivia would make an early appearance but she has proven me wrong. Apparently, she likes it in there and wants to stay the duration. I'm trying very hard to be patient. With school out and not much to do but wait, I am kind of bored.

I'm hoping for a full moon baby because that's next Tuesday ;) Michael jokes that something big is coming and we should be prepared because of all the "signs".

First, there has been several earthquakes in the area over the last few months. No big deal if we lived in California. We're in Texas! There hasn't been earthquakes in Texas for as long as I've been here!

Second, the plague of fleas. We battled and battled and then spent $$$ to get rid of the pests. Let me tell you, my feet are just now healing from all the bites. I think the dogs lost weight from all the stress! (Oddly enough, fleas were one of the biblical plagues in Egypt; I didn't know that!)

Third, the floods. Our street flooded, like it always does when it rains hard, but still...

This is what I've been reduced to: sitting at the computer looking up biblical plagues. I know that Olivia will come when she's good and ready but that doesn't make it easier to wait.